Medieval Studies, Fordham University
Flotan on þam Folce: The Battle of Maldon in Its Own Time
English Literature, Oxford University
Meaning and Meaninglessness in the Works of Philip Roth
If a Disney princess had night terrors, the story of Sansa Stark might be what woke her up screaming. Often overlooked in favor of her killer kid sister, the elder Stark sibling has had all her illusions about the world, and her safety in it, shattered. But her quiet, innate political shrewdness and emotional strength have enabled her to survive in a royal court that likely would have cost every other member of her family their heads. She’s the show’s best-kept secret.
proof harry potter is definitely white and cannot be a POC:
- they dont mention his race, which means he’s white, the default race
- he has green eyes, which only white people can have
- he has naturally jet black hair, a hair color most commonly associated with white people
- he is funny, charming, brave, and charismatic, traits i have trouble associating with non-whites
- he is a complex character and i have trouble imagining non-whites as complex people
- he is the protagonist of a book that is not about racism
I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time. It expands later, and thus we don’t have complete emotions about the present, only about the past.
Given my Tumblr a fresh look at www.owendonovan.tumblr.com if you’re interested.
(Yes… That is a custom header designed to look like a West Wing title card)